This is a guest recipe from my Dad! I’ve made it; it’s delicious.
Category Gluten-Free Main Course Recipes
- 3/4-1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbs oil/fat (bacon fat suggested)
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary (chopped) or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tsp. fresh sage (chopped) or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (chopped) or 1 tsp dried
- 2 cups frozen corn (canned works too)
- Head of cauliflower OR 2-3 potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil and mash the cauliflower or potatoes however you like them. [Note from Jillian: I boiled and food-processed the cauliflower with about a tablespoon each of half-and-half, butter, and cornstarch]
- Sauté the onion, garlic and oil in a 10-12” sauté pan over medium high heat. When the onion begins to soften, add the herbs, continue to cook for a couple more minutes. Add ground beef and mix thoroughly. If you have excess fat in the pan, drain off what you can or desire.
- Put the beef/onion/garlic mixture in the bottom of an 8x8 (or bigger) baking dish/pan. Cover this with a layer of corn (if frozen, there is no need to thaw). Cover the corn with the mashed cauliflower/potato, as if you’re frosting a cake.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If you like, use the last 5 minutes to crisp the top under the broiler. Let
- stand for a few minutes. Eat it all. All. Of. It. You cannot stop.