chicken legs with tomatoes and beans
This has a great tastiness-to-effort ratio. It’s also easy to scale for bigger groups.
Adapted from food52.
- 4 chicken legs (or just thighs, or you could probably just use a whole cut-up chicken)
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- a bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 6+ garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/8 tsp dried chili flakes
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Put the tomatoes, beans, and garlic in a roasting pan, then coarsely chop or rip the basil leaves and add them too.
- Toss with a few tablespoons of olive oil, the chili flakes, and a 1/2 tsp or so of salt.
- Trim the chicken legs and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then put them on top of the tomatoes.
- Roast for an hour or so, stirring the tomatoes and beans around after 30 minutes to keep them from drying out.
- Serve by itself, with bread, or with a grain like rice or barley.