salmon niçoise salad
I ate a lot of niçoise salads in Paris. I started making this version at home once we got back, and now I make it all the time.
- 1/2-3/4lb salmon
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 lb fingerling or new potatoes
- 3 soft-boiled or hard-boiled eggs
- 1 head romaine
For the dressing:
- 1/4c olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
Prepare the ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Coat the salmon with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until it's to your preferred level of doneness.
- Slice the potatoes into rounds, then microwave for 4 minutes.
- Fry the potatoes in a thin film of oil just long enough to brown the rounds on both sides.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then dump in the green beans and boil for 5-10 minutes, until they're to you're preferred level of crunchiness.
Assemble the salad:
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a container and whisk or shake until mixed.
- Chop or tear the lettuce into a bowl.
- Coarsely chop the green beans, the salmon, and the eggs.
- Toss all of the ingredients together with the lettuce and the dressing.